Kobridge Forum  

Go Back   Kobridge Forum > Technical Solution Center [기술정보센터] - Korean, English Mixed Topics > Canon Digital Camera [캐논 디지탈 카메라]

Canon Digital Camera [캐논 디지탈 카메라] Canon Digital Camera [캐논 디지탈 카메라와 관련된 기술정보 포럼]

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2008, 01:46 AM
Administrator

JJ is on a distinguished road
Default Canon SD790-IS Review

Canon is the company who is making the revolution in Ditigal camera world. Canon SD790-IS came out in the market in last April, 2008 and I've never seen this kind of great full automatic digital camera except the SLR cameras. I own Canon EOS 20D and wanted to have another digital camera for my family purpose. I researched current market to compared the digital cameras and finally decided to go with SD790-IS.

I have many experience using Nikon, Sony and other digital cameras before including, of course, Canon. But I really never saw the camera like this SD790-IS. It's really great camera suitable to any places. I do not want to review the technical spec of this camera because you could find the technical spec from many websites.

SD790 has 3x optical zoom lenz and within this range, SD790 provide really vivid pictures. I think it's because of IS (Image Stablization) features. Even we go further to digital zoom, this camera provides excellent image quality.

I've tested this camera in many places (at home, beach, outside....) and this camera worked almost perfect with some minor inconvenient things. Maybe I'm asking too much but there were some difficulties to focus on the specific object that I'll like to highlight if there are many other objects closed by. I still don't know how to manually change the shutter speed to take the motion pictures. But this camera is taking great still pictures. LCD pannel of this camera is 3" and big enough to check the image quality. Many times I've seen the sharp images on the LCD from other cameras but when the images are moved to computer, I disappointed because of the image sharpness. SD790-IS is providing really sharp images and vivid colors on both LCD and even after the image copied to computer.

Here are some images that I recently took from Disney land Blizzard Beach. Enjoy!

The pictures quality in here is degraded because it's downsized to post into the website.

(without zoom)

(maximum zoom without tripod)

Last edited by JJ; 05-28-2008 at 01:52 AM.