Kobridge Forum  

Go Back   Kobridge Forum > Technical Solution Center [기술정보센터] - Korean, English Mixed Topics > Technical Solution Center [기타 기술정보]

Technical Solution Center [기타 기술정보] All other topics included in this forum [기타 나머지 기술정보 공유를 위한 포럼]

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2007, 04:04 PM
Administrator

JJ is on a distinguished road
Default Samsung Blackjack Battery - Exchange Warrenty still available

I've seen some threads from the websites and it was saying that AT&T was providing the extended battery for Samsung Blackjack standard battery only users.

Story: When I purchased (Dec. 2006) my Samsung Blackjack SGH-I607, only two standard batteries were included in the package. So, I had no doubt about the package component and used two standard batteries until now (Dec. 2007). But few day ago, I found an article saying that AT&T was providing a free extended battery for the customers who purchased Samsung BlackJack which had only two standard batteries on it. The article first came out in February and disappeared after May, 2007. Even the website link to request the battery warrenty exchange is no longer available.

For my case, my one year warrenty is just about to expire. So, I stopped surfing the website and directly called to AT&T warrenty exchange department at 1-800-801-1101. The following was the steps that ATT was dealt with my case.

1. Call 1-800-801-1101 and option 5 for other issues
2. Provide mobile phone number and personal information....
3. Explained the short battery life of the standard battery and also explained what AT&T provided to BlackJack customers before (free warrenty exchange)
4. normal warrenty exchange department does not deal with accessories. So, they forwarded the call to Data department.
5. Explained the problems again and asked the free extended battery.
6. Again, AT&T forwarded the call to final warrenty exchange for accessories department.
7. Explained the problem again on the standard battery and asked the extended battery and door. Because AT&T knows about the extended battery and these days Blackjack is coming with one standard battery and one extended battery, they probably send you the extended battery for free via the 3day Fedex.
8. I got the confirmation order number for extended battery delivery.

For this process, you may use the different number and this number was provided by ATT also. 1-888-447-7474 (I think this number is for Accessory Sales department, but it looks like they are also dealing with the accessory warrenty exchange).

Because I purchased two Blackjacks last year. I called ATT two times to get the two extended batteries and doors. First time it was a little bit easy to get the approval of free extended battery. But second time it was a little more difficult to get it. The customer service rep got the approval from her manager and finally provided me the order number.

If you still have two standard batteries and your phone is still covered by warrenty, you may try to get the extended battery. I remember, someone said that the standard battery last about 14 hours while extended one last about 29 hours....