Kobridge Forum  

Go Back   Kobridge Forum > Technical Solution Center [기술정보센터] - Korean, English Mixed Topics > Technical Solution Center [기타 기술정보]

Technical Solution Center [기타 기술정보] All other topics included in this forum [기타 나머지 기술정보 공유를 위한 포럼]

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2009, 09:23 AM
Administrator

JJ is on a distinguished road
Default WM6.1 for Samsung Blackjack II i617

To download and install Windows Mobile 6.1 for the BlackJack II, click the URL below:
http://www.samsung.com/us/i617/windowsupgrade
If clicking this link does not work properly, please copy and paste the URL into the
Address Line in your browser.

NOTICE:
You will need to disable any PopUp blocker you may have currently enabled
on your system in order to accept the terms of the End User License Agreement
(EULA) in order to download this update.
Remember to re-enable your PopUp blocker after the process is completed.

Where Do I Obtain Windows Mobile 6.1 For My SGH-i617?
Samsung has released a software upgrade for the SGH-i617 which is recommended to be installed. This update includes an upgrade to Windows Mobile 6.1 and numerous software enhancements. The update may take between 10-15 minutes to complete if the system is already set up.
This upgrade contains several enhancements and features. Highlights are listed below.
  • Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1w/AKU1.0.1
  • Windows Mobile 6.1 includes new features such as:
    • New Look & Feel: Using Windows Mobile 6.1, an easy-to-use Sliding Panel homescreen allows you quick access to your Samsung i617 primary functions by simply sliding vertically and horizontally through the homescreen panels.
    • System Center Mobile Device Manager (SCMDM): When enabled by your business IT department, SCMDM provides device management enhancements and secure data access to your corporate network.
    • Improved GPS Navigation: With AT&T Navigator and assisted-GPS (aGPS), the Samsung i617 leverages both satellite and cellular technology to get you there on time.
    • Threaded SMS Messaging: Rather than seeing a stand-alone response when you open an SMS message, you'll view the details of your entire conversation. Now you can easily see how the conversation has progressed.
    • Internet Connection Sharing: Utilize your smartphone capabilities by using your phone as a high-speed wireless modem for your laptop. It's easy to set up and even easier to connect. Just click and go!
    • Mobile Banking: Perform secure banking transactions with many of the nation's largest banks right from your Samsung i617.
    • Voice Command: Voice Command transforms your Samsung i617 into your own virtual personal assistant, letting you use your voice to look up contacts, make phone calls, get calendar information, and play and control your music, as well as start programs.

IMPORTANT NOTICE
Multiple Software Download Tools Available
Samsung has offered separate Downloader Tools based upon different Operating Systems. It is critical to obtain the correct Downloader otherwise the update to Windows Mobile 6.1 will be unsuccessful for the SGH-i617.
  1. Please verify the requirements section before attempting the update.
  2. Please click on the appropriate image for the operating system installed on the computer.
  3. Next, follow the special instructions for downloader contained within that particular FAQ.
Software Download For Windows Vista Owners
Samsung has released a separate Downloader Tool to work on the Windows Vista Operating System. This was required due to the downloader’s requirement to work with Windows Mobile Device Center.
Requirements
COMPUTER
  • Desktop/Laptop Computer Running Microsoft Windows Vista w/ Service Pack 1(x32 versions of Home, Premium, Business, Ultimate)
  • Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC) 6.1 Installed & Functioning Properly
  • Samsung MCCI Modem Driver v4.38 (or later) Installed & Functioning Properly (included on CD)
    • Alternately, the modem drivers may be downloaded from here.
  • All Firewall & Anti-Virus Programs Should Be Disabled (See Article)
  • Administrative Privileges Required To Download & Install Software
  • (1) Available USB Port
    • Direct connection of the USB cable to the computer's USB port is strongly advised. The use of a USB hub or docking station is NOT recommended.
PHONE
  • Fully Charged Battery (Standard or Extended)
  • The SIM Card Should Be Removed From The Phone
OTHER
  • USB Data Cable (Included In Retail Box - P/N: APCBS10BBE)
  • SGH-i617 Companion CD
Click here for the Upgrade Instructions FAQ and Vista Downloader

Software Download For Windows XP/2000 Owners
Samsung as released separate software downloader tool to work on the Windows XP/2000 Operating Systems. This was required due to the upgrader’s requirement to work with ActiveSync 4.5.
Requirements
COMPUTER
  • Desktop/Laptop Computer Running Microsoft Windows XP w/ Service Pack 2 (x32 versions of Home or Premium) or Microsoft Windows 2000 w/ Service Pack 4 )
  • ActiveSync 4.5 Installed and Functioning Properly
  • Samsung MCCI Modem Driver v4.38 (or later) Installed and Functioning Properly
    • Alternately, the modem drivers may be downloaded from here.
  • All Firewall & Anti-Virus Programs Should Be Disabled (See Article)
  • Administrative Privileges Required To Download & Install Software
  • (1) Available USB Port
    • Direct connection of the USB cable to the computer's USB port is strongly advised. The use of a USB hub or docking station is NOT recommended.
PHONE
  • Fully Charged Battery (Standard or Extended)
  • The SIM Card Should Be Removed From The Phone
OTHER
  • USB Data Cable (Included In Retail Box - P/N: APCBS10BBE)
  • SGH-i617 Companion CD