Kobridge Forum  

Go Back   Kobridge Forum > Technical Solution Center [기술정보센터] - Korean, English Mixed Topics > Technical Solution Center [기타 기술정보]

Technical Solution Center [기타 기술정보] All other topics included in this forum [기타 나머지 기술정보 공유를 위한 포럼]

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-2007, 11:45 PM
Administrator

JJ is on a distinguished road
Default Samsung Blackjack + WM6 + ActiveSync 4.5

*This article is just for informational purpose only. I do not guarantee the accuracy of this information nor responsible for any unexpected result by using this information. Please use this information with your own risk.

The following information is based on my experience to set up the Blackjack using Windows Mobile 6 and ActiveSync 4.5. When I used WM5 and ActiveSync 4.2 on Samsung Blackjack, I met many problems and finally gave up to sync my Blackjack with two PCs (one is for home and the other one is for office).

Now I upgraded the Blackjack using WM6 (not released yet and many people are expecting this upgrade would be available in early or mid October, 2007) and installed ActiveSync 4.5 on both home and office PCs. My running environment is Windows 2003, Windows XP, Exchange Server 2003 and outlook 2007 (home) and Outlook 2003 (office). So, it's a little complicated configuration but you may get some hints from this article.

1. Whenever PC does not recognize the mobile device at all (even you are using ActiveSync 4.2 or 4.5, it could happen) - Sometimes, after we changed the USB connection settings to modem from ActiveSync to test the modem drivers or to upload/patch the new OS, ActiveSync may not recognize the mobile device. In this case, the easiest way is to reinstall the ActiveSync or repair the ActiveSync. Be sure that only one ActiveSync is installed on your system. Sometimes, I could see that two ActiveSync programs were on the Add or Remove Programs list. If there are two ActiveSync programs exist, it would be better to uninstall all ActiveSync programs from your system and only install ActiveSync one time. Once the installation is complete and mobile device is recognized by one PC, you need to set up the setup the synchronization option for both PCs.
2. When you connect the mobile device to your PC, if system displays the "ActiveSync 85010014 Error" message, there could be many reasons on it just like Microsoft says on thier support website, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912241 (ActiveSync 4.0, 4.1)
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...c/default.mspx
In my case, the same message displayed one time but it looked like it was caused by system delays to sync the mobile device to desktop because even this message dispalyed, in the background, the system started to sync with mobile device.

To be continued...

Last edited by JJ; 09-26-2007 at 11:51 PM.